Monday, November 26, 2012

Sort & Conquer

I started to "tackle" the basement yesterday.  I can't believe the amount of stuff junk one accumulates over the years.  I need a refreshers course on the important things to keep and the things I can shred.  I bought a new shredder just for this purpose.

Anchor Hocking Grape Pattern Punch Bowl
The spiders scattered as I started moving boxes around.  I found some extra space on a shelf for more of my obsessive compulsive behavior purchases! (see above: I own 3 punch bowls and see below)
Snack Trays!
I own over 200 of the snack trays and probably equal of the punch glasses.  If I see them at an antique store or thrift store I will buy them.  I have avoided buying them off eBay over the past 6 years (strong will).  I used them for my daughter's graduation.  The reason I started collecting the snack trays was to use at her wedding one day (she was 3 at the time).  It all began with a $5 punch bowl at the Salvation Army downtown Minneapolis in 1994.  It came with 10 glasses, hooks and ladle.

Don't get me wrong my glassware obsession isn't just for Anchor Hocking but....many other facets that crowd my shelves and fill many boxes.  If you ever worked for Schwan's you may remember back in the day they would give dishes to the employees.  Well, I have a few collected and then the collection grew and grew.  I still collect them when I find them.  4 canister sets, dozens of plates (both sizes) and 2 platters later...don't ask me how many mugs I have (I lost count).

But with my glassware obsession I do use all of it (well most).

Sort & Conquer!  I grabbed a few boxes and sorted out "stuff"!  Luckily I just recently purchased a few pairs of shoes so the shoe boxes have come in handy to gather "misc" items I am not sure what to do with but can't toss!  The few boxes I did get to Sunday are not even a small dent in the work to come but....I shall conquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment