Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Promises...I will not post again until next week...

I am not a mathematician but I can discern that maybe 89.9 percent of the people we know think about what their life would be if they had turned a different corner.
Corners are all around us.  They sometimes appear where you least expect them (love handles, grey hair and wrinkles).
I was raised on inspirational and motivational books.  My father inspired me to read and read.  I started writing at a very young age (unpublished but inspired) my first best friend was my first typewriter (same old story right)….I have notebooks filled with inspiring stories (some good and some well…).
My most inspiring moment happened just a few years ago when my mother said she wished she had encouraged my writing and hadn’t discouraged it.  Weird thoughts and that last sentence was weird.  She did discourage my writing because she thought it was a waste of time.  I am my worst critic and the only published work I have is a postcard of a first with 1-5 written on it stating there are 5 good reasons to write that was published in the Writer’s Digest magazine (postcard was meant for my cousin Jen).
So what do you do when you have a sweet job preserving history (LIW & Walnut Grove, MN) and still feel the need to write?  I am not Hemingway or heck even Mr. King but….I do feel (as probably 87% of the population on Minnesota think) I have a GREAT story in me.
So, by 2012 (late 2012) I will be submitting a novel to an agent or publisher (no sorry not LIW related because I will save that one for gravy).  What will that novel be about….I will keep you posted.  I have missed writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment